Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Virtuous Wife


In the book of Proverbs, Solomon talks about the character of a virtuous wife…as I was reading this today, I really felt like God was speaking to me.  Even though this was not the first time I had read these verses, I was really reminded that these things are often forgotten in the world in which we live or they are not valued very highly.  As a Christian mom and wife I must be conformed and changed by God’s word and not to the world’s ways of doing things…these verses are very convicting and as I strive to raise my little girl in the ways of the Lord, this is also a reminder of the values which I need to teach her at a young age.  I was raised by my mother since my parents divorced when I was 6 years old.  When I look at my daughter and my marriage I desire to be the mom and wife that The Lord made me to be and nothing less than that.  I experienced firsthand what a broken marriage does to a child.  God wants us to be virtuous, trustworthy, hardworking, God fearing, compassionate and kind to our husbands, our children and to others around us.

Who can find a virtuous wife?  For her worth is far above rubies.  The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain.  She does him good and not evil all the days of her life.  She seeks wool and flax, and willingly works with her hands.   Proverbs 30: 10-13

She also rises while it is till night, and provides food for her household.  Proverbs30: 15

She extends her hands to the poor, yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.  Proverbs 30: 20

She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness.  She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.  Proverbs 30: 26-27

Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.  Proverbs 30: 30

Lets pray that as we go about our daily responsibilities today and everyday…taking care of our children, our husbands and our homes, that we will seek the will of God in everything we do no matter how big or how small.  We serve the Lord when we serve others.

No comments:

Post a Comment