Monday, April 16, 2012

What parenting means...and how we can show our children we love them


Recently I had an experience with my daughter that has made me prayerfully consider what parenting is all about. God showed me that it’s all about growing in my relationship with the Lord as I teach my child to do the same. This pretty much sums it up...

We want to use discipline situations as opportunities to teach our children.  Every misbehavior (sin) is an opportunity to teach them God's Word.

We are responsible to build relationships. God has commanded us to disciple our children (Deuteronomy 6:5-7). In order to do this, we have to have healthy, strong relationships with them.

God say's that our relationship with Him is demonstrated in our relationship with others (our children being one of them). (1 John 4:21)
(Mark 12:30-31)

We are to lay down our lives for our children; it is a privilege that we have children. We need to spend time with them, love them, teach them God's Word and discipline them in love.

We want our children to welcome and value our instruction. In order for them to do this, we must invest time and energy building a relationship of trust and love. (1 John 3:18)

Children are not a burden but a blessing from the Lord.

Thank God for your children and pray for them daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment